Try these delicious and healthy breakfast egg muffins with this simple recipe that has great taste. Low carb and high in protein. Perfect as a full meal or filling snack.
- 3 Extra Large eggs
- 50 ml fat free milk
- 10 ml canola oil
- 1 Onion Finely chopped
- ½ cup spinach finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic
- 300g lean bacon* chopped
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5 ml smooth mustard
- 125 ml mozarella cheese
- Pre heat the oven to 180 Deg Celsius and grease non stick muffin pans with butter
- Beat or mix the egg and milk together and set aside
- Heat the oil and saute the onion & garlic until soft. Add the chopped spinach, tomato and bacon and fry until cooked.
- Dish the onion and bacon mixture into a muffin pan, filling each muffin hole ¾ full.
- Spoon the egg and milk mixture on top approximately .
- Cover with grated mozzarella cheese before baking.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.