The ginger in this oh-so-good-for-you vegetable drink will pep you up when you’re feeling a bit tired and your system is sluggish.
- 2 carrots
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 30g fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Small handful of crushed ice
- 125 ml chilled water
- Feed the carrots through a juicer or blend with a good blender. Add the tomatoes and lemon juice and blend.
- Add the parsley, ginger and crushed ice and blend again until smooth. Add the water and whizz again.
- Pour into a glass, garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.